Thursday, April 8, 2010

My first blog

I chose to start my blog with this almost insignificant incident which happened yesterday, for the first time in my life. Though it was small, it will remain always special to me.
Although spring can hardly be felt in its full grandeur in cities, if we find time and stare at the trees and plants around us, the onset of spring can very well be felt in cities as well. Though nothing compared to the Palash trees I had seen for stretches in forests near Chhatna, I was enthralled by the appearence of Palash and Jarul flowers in Calcutta. And I thought it would be a nice idea to capture the bloom through my lenses. On the way to my office via Beleghata Main Rd. I had noticed a few such trees and decided to start with these. Yesterday I started with a Jarul tree full of purple blossoms. I looked up. Focussed. Clicked. And had hardly removed my eyes from the flowers, when. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . a single purple petal landed softly on my forehead. I don't know why I felt special and happy.

What do you say to that? Can there be a greater blessing?

1 comment:

  1. A new genera of blogger have just taken birth in this digital campus... hope you love blogging just the way I have for almost 5 years now!!!

    ReplyDelete